Sunday, June 2, 2013

mLearning - Assessment for a Recording Activity

I've been taking an assessment online course from the University of Oregon. So, I decided to try to assess my students' speaking skills through the use of technology and the creation of a simple rubric for the assessment part as a way to have a clear picture of my students' production. To assess my students, I've used the activity as a way to wrap up a unit about mysteries. I asked them to record a mystery story. They had two ways to do it. Send me through message (SMS or through the What's app app) or record themselves in http://vocaroo.com . My teens chose their way of sending me their recordings after I told them what my criteria was for the assignment. Here's the rubric I've created and used:

Have you ever tried any kind of alternative assessment to have an individualized picture of your students oral production?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Conversations are sparklers for deepening thoughts and maturing ideas. Share, connect, leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you. To follow up on the comments here, click on the "subscribe via email" below the comment box, on the right.