Thursday, August 12, 2010

DNA Rescue - Part 2: Skills are Cheap. Passion is Priceless

Still on Gary Vaynerchuk's book, "Crush it", I can't help it, but keep exploring the world of passion and our double-helice (DNA) historical perspective and bring it all together into our professional realm. Because of my last post's comments, I was taken into the recordings of the Reform Symposium(Thanks, Mrs Tenkely!). If it were in the past, I'd be able to have listened to it live, but due to some time constraints and options, I couldn't be there, but had the chance to download it via iTunes. Amazing, thrilling stuff, though, simple again. It is crushing true and there's no way out that the simplest, most caring ideas are the ones who are truly powerful.

George Couros hit it hard! His presentation about Identity Day at his school in Canada is just a brilliant way to shape and channel the undoubtful hard-hitting effectiveness of giving voice to our passions. How many of us know what are co-workers' passions really are? Yesterday, I asked this plain question, "What's your true passion?" Some could spit it out in nanoseconds, others had to think a bit hard, but just the fact that we were talking about it gave a boost of optimism and happiness to our spirits. Imagine what we could do to our lives, our classrooms, our work places? We could really crush it as a group if we let those passionate and vigorous voices bloom. A spark in the eye, words that are generally not mentioned, getting to know the other...All our passions, all possible connections to one another.

So, let's keep our movement toward our DNA rescue spiced up with passion. It can be amazingly transformative.
Get to know what your true passions are
Never forget your historical background as it could give you big clues of dormant passions
Share your passsions with others
Encourage others to find their own
With all that in mind, let us remix ourselves to become better people

If you asked about my passions, I could tell you about some. However, the one that moves me, makes me a believer, an optimist, an explorer? My passion for PEOPLE.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/elvire-r

What are your ingrained passions?

2 comments:

  1. What I loved about the end of your post was that you said "passion for PEOPLE!". This to me is something that I hope all educators have as we come into contact with so many everyday. I definitely have a huge love and passion for people and I do my best to let others know that everyday.

    I really appreciate your kind comments about what our school did together. It was a tremendous experience and I feel that I know everyone a lot better after the day, then I did before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your presentation and the implementation of Identity Day at your school, I'm sure, George, that you're genuinely passionate about people and you really care.

    Since I've watched your presentation,I've been commenting with other passionate educators about it and the possibilities I see for the classroom.

    ReplyDelete

Conversations are sparklers for deepening thoughts and maturing ideas. Share, connect, leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you. To follow up on the comments here, click on the "subscribe via email" below the comment box, on the right.