Sunday, December 14, 2008

NetworkChallenge

Durff challenges us.

""

I've been doing exactly that for the past weeks. In fact, I've been discussing exactly that with a group of educators at http://webtools.ning.com/forum/topics/reading4reflection-stuck-in

It's just great that Durff asked, for I've been thinking ahead and looking for ways to simplify things, but in order to have a clear view of what's for us in the near and not so near future, we need to evaluate what we've been learning.

What I've learned this year?

  • The importance of deepening our connections in order to add value to our networks and gain from them.
  • The value of e-learning is truly in the human interactions and collective construction of meaning
  • My essential need of learning, being a lifelong learner
  • The rediscovered pleasure of reading and sharing with others what I'm reading about
  • The power Twitter holds for me as a connector
  • Online Social bookmarking with Diigo
  • My need to get deeper into studies about Communities, networking
  • It is OK to say no for the sake of your own mental health
  • My risen interest in mobile learning


What's up for the near future?

  • Keep exploring ways to engage learners in an elearning context
  • See possibilities for teacher engagement at my school in the ed tech world
  • Moving back to Brazil certainly means changes in terms of routine and new professional challenges
  • More learning. Maybe Master's? Who knows?
And the wheel keeps spinning and I want to keep adding value to my network and receiving from it.

Thanks, Durff, for starting this networkchallenge.

What are your plans for 2009?

2 comments:

  1. Oi Carla

    Por outras vias andei fazendo a mesma coisa.

    http://www.gutierrez.pro.br/2008/12/aprendizagem.htm
    e
    http://www.gutierrez.pro.br/2008/12/o-que-eu-aprendi-sobre-aprendizagem-em.htm


    Quem sabepodemos engajar o pessoal do edublogosfera para seguir a reflexão?

    abraços!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Querida Suzana,

    Acho uma ótima idéia! Quem sabe se colocássemos uma tag em português e convidássemos cada um para fazer uma reflexão e blogar com essa tag, tipo edublogosfera2009, por exemplo? Seria ótimo!

    ReplyDelete

Conversations are sparklers for deepening thoughts and maturing ideas. Share, connect, leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you. To follow up on the comments here, click on the "subscribe via email" below the comment box, on the right.